Information we may collect
We will only collect personal information, including where necessary sensitive personal data and any additional information provided directly from you, via our application form (‘apply now’ form), contact us form or any other online forms on this or any other of our websites, as well as by telephone, email, sms and live chat. This will be basic contact information such as: Full Name, Telephone Number(s), E-mail Address, Debt Level, Best Time to Call You etc.
We may also collect and process if necessary the following information –
- Correspondence from you and our responses where applicable, including your contact details;
- Information you provide to us through our websites and applications;
- Information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type – for the purposes of system, billing process, administration and product improvement.
- We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. They keep track of when a visitor enters and leaves the website and any search engines and keywords that are used, including any personal and/or sensitive data.
- When you participate in market research, competitions and promotions provided by, or on behalf of DIS.
- Information DIS receives from business partners, and from other organisations
- Please note that for quality and training purposes, telephone calls to our offices will be recorded and monitored.
How we use your information
www.debtinformationservice.org.uk is an introducer. The service that we provide is to refer applicants looking for debt help to a qualified and regulated Debt Advisor.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- When an enquiry is received we will immediately submit the contact details including your name, phone number, email address and other details you provide to an FCA authorised only Debt Advisor firm who we believe may be able to assist with working towards a solution to your debt. Therefore for the purpose that you filled in your details to request a debt consultation/ applied to get help; Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, they will contact you by phone, e-mail and SMS messaging to be able to service your request for debt help.
- When we refer your details to a third party-company, we may receive financial compensation for doing so. However, we do not charge you for this introduction. Your consultation is always free, but fees will apply if you choose to enter into a debt programme. These fees will be made clear by your advisor at the third party-company prior to your enrolment.
- We are classed as the data controller under the Data Protection Act, and may use your personal data that identifies you for – customer research, statistical analysis; to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering and other crime, to understand the effectiveness of our advertising and to carry out quality checks.
Where we store Your Information
Internet Data Transmission
Although we will do our best to protect your information the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk as we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to www.debtinformationservice.org.uk or any data you provide online.
In-house data storage
We use strict procedures, security features and take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information to try to prevent unauthorised access once we have received your information.
Cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site. They are small amounts of information which we store on your computer when you log on to our site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic to improve the way the website works and to personalise the content of the site