Your rights as an individual.
From the 25th May 2018 you will have revised rights under the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These are: –
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
WHO WE ARE
Burton Denman Ltd registered in England and Wales, Company No 07137856 (trading company as of June 2018)
Registered Address – 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX
Burton Denman Ltd controls any information which you provide on this website, and those listed below, and is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) under ZA427002.
Further information on the above is available from the ‘Information Commissioner’s Office’ website.
We are an online marketing company who own several websites for the purpose of introducing customers to a service that they require. Our understanding of a customer requiring a service is by them filling in their contact details – name, email address, telephone number and sometimes other information to request the service that is being offered on that specific website and also confirming the request to be contacted by ticking the box that is present thereby consenting to be contacted for the purpose of the service that is being promoted on that website. We, under no circumstances, will ever sell or provide the customer contact details for other products that the customer has not expressed an interest in.
please contact us here.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
The following Information about you may be collected and processed by us:
- Details that you provide to us directly by visiting our websites and by filling in any forms on our websites This includes using our online services, completing an enquiry form, or applying for any other product or service on our web sites
- Details of any transactions that you carry out through our system, including information of your visit to our website and details of any resources accessed when using our website
- Details that you may provide to us when contacting us
- Details that you have consented to be passed to us by our affiliates, partners and brokers
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to protect your personal data we have strict security measures in place:
- Secure servers are used to store your data. These are treated as confidential and are not accessible to the public
- Data that we hold is only accessible to own employees or those third parties who need to know such information in order to deliver our products and services and can only be accessed by way of username and password method
- Burton Denman routinely evaluates its data security procedures in order to identify security threats, and to ensure continued security, – the integrity of our servers is of paramount importance to us
We will not store your personal details beyond the legally-permitted period and so records we hold relating to you will be entirely deleted from our servers at the point we can no longer legally retain them.
Although Burton Denman aims, and takes all possible measures to completely protect your data, we are unable to guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. Data transmission over the internet can be an insecure method of communication. It may be possible for third parties outside of the control of Burton Denman to access the data you are communicating to us whilst the transmission is in process and neither Burton Denman or you would be aware.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Burton Denman Ltd is the sole owner of the information collected from our websites. Our websites collect personally-identifiable information from our users. Our websites collect demographic information about you, (such as name, age and locality). This data will be used in order to process and submit your enquiry to our partners. It may also be used by Burton Denman and carefully selected third parties to contact you by email, SMS, post, telephone or other appropriate means, with communications about their products or services, who may be in a position to help you; examples are such as:
- Debt Counsellors/Advisors
- Unsecured loans provider, secured loans providers
- Debt Management companies, Insolvency Practitioners, Bankruptcy specialists
We may use any of this information in the following ways:
- To make sure that the content that you see from our website is presented to you and your computer in an effective manner
- To provide you with services, products, information or special offers that we feel may be of interest to you or that you have requested from our websites, where you have shown consent to be contacted for such purposes; please see table below for the industry types you can expect to receive services, products, information or special offers from.
- By using our website, this is your confirmation that you agree to such use, storage and transfer of your data
- To confirm that the information that we hold about you is current and up-to-date via third party providers of such services, to include phone, e-mail, SMS and postal verification methods, to inform you about the changes and upcoming services through our website
- To respond to your Customer Service enquiries or to handle complaints effectively – we have a duty to ensure that we are corresponding with the person whose details we will be discussing and we like to have your application history in front of us when responding to your Customer Services contact with us to give you the speediest resolution possible
- If we are legally obliged to allow other parties access to your personal data in order to comply with any law or regulation or when we seek to protect our commercial interests through any means open to us in law
- In order to allow an affiliate who introduces customers to us, to know how to bill us for their services
- Should we be bought by an external entity the personal data held by us about our customers will be one of our assets and as such will be transferred at the point of sale
- To undertake improvement to our websites and application processes
PASSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
By entering your information into our websites you agree that valued third party partners may contact you via telephone, automated telephone, email, SMS, post or other appropriate means, with products and services that you have expressed an interest in and have agreed to be contacted for. If you have been referred to one of our websites from a 3rd party you should always read their terms and conditions.
Third parties include, but are not limited to:
Debt Solution Providers/ Debt Counsellors
Homeowner Loan Providers
Funeral Plan Providers
Life/General Insurance Providers
- You have the right, at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted by us for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe
- To contact you and any person referred to by you in connection with your application or enquiry;
- To process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- To communicate with you about products and services provided to or requested by you;
- To update our records;
- To analyse trends and profiles and carry out assessment and analysis (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, market and product analysis);
- For audit purposes;
- To carry out customer satisfaction research;
- To prevent or detect fraud;
- To meet compliance and reporting obligations
- To ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- To develop and improve our services to you and notify you about changes to our services
- To enable third parties to carry out any of the above purposes on our behalf.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share Your Information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process your information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process your information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard Your Information.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- We may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
- Your Information may be passed to credit reference, fraud prevention, law enforcement agencies and identity and address verification agencies whom may record and use your information and disclose it to other organisations for credit reference, debt tracing, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes.
- We may transfer your information to our partners, Insolvency Practitioners, Debt Management Companies, Debt Counsellors, Debt Advisors or third parties for the purposes of assisting you with your debts. The partners, Debt Counsellors and third parties may share information with us in relation to your application and in accordance with their Terms and Conditions. When we refer your details to a 3rd party company, we may receive financial compensation for doing so. However, we do not charge you for this introduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, passcode and memorable word which enables you to access certain parts of this site, you are responsible for keeping this user name, passcode and memorable word confidential. You must not share these with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to this site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which We use them in the table below:
We store cookies for this website which helps with usability especially with the application form.
Google Analytics is a tool we use internally to monitor website usage.
For more information on cookies (including how to switch them off) please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use these as they may be able to offer exclusive deals with lenders and have access to other lenders.
We endeavour to update this on a quarterly basis.
We may also pass your information to the Financial Conduct Authority, the ICO and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
In order to provide the widest possible range of products and offers for our customers, our website may contain links to third party websites. Please note that in selecting a particular link to any such product or offer, we do not accept any liability or responsibility, because these websites have their own Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies. If you have any queries regarding these websites, you should contact the owner of that particular website directly.
YOU CAN REQUEST YOUR INFORMATION
The UK Data Protection Act provides you with the right to access information held about you. Any such request may incur a minimal fee (set by government and which may change from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you require such information please contact us as below. If after corresponding with us, you do not feel that your query or complaint has been satisfactorily resolved, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk)
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Through our website we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, browser type and version and operating system information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. All this information is purely statistical and does not identify any individual.
CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES
Further to the information given above, to reiterate, your details may be passed to statutory bodies, regulators, legal bodies, credit reference entities, fraud prevent entities and identity and address verification agencies who may record and use your details and disclose it to other organisations for credit reference, debt tracing, fraud and money laundering prevention purposes. If you have any queries regarding these uses, please contact the relevant entity or trade organisation.
By submitting an application form on our site, you confirm that all of the information provided is accurate and true.
Click here if you do not wish to receive marketing emails from us.
If you do not want us to pass on your details to third parties then please Click here.
Burton Denman Ltd and all debt solution websites under the Burton Denman umbrella – this website www.debtinformationservice.org.uk; do not give advice.
On completion of our form, we will use the contact details that you have given to us on the form to introduce you to one of our authorised debt solutions partners and we may receive compensation from our partners for this introduction.
All solutions are subject to acceptance and eligibility. Our partners are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and comply with their rules and principles of business and do not charge for their advice.
A Debt Adviser will contact you by telephone to discuss your situation and options available to you in more detail. It is important that to the best of your knowledge you provide accurate information as the advice you will be given by them will be based on the information that you have provided.
There are some debt solutions where you can write off a % of your overall unsecured debt. This is dependent on your personal circumstances and the ability to make your repayments within the terms set by your creditors. Many factors will be taken in to consideration to assess whether the solution is the right one for you.
All solutions are subject to acceptance and eligibility
IMPARTIAL DEBT ADVICE
To find out more about managing your money and getting free debt advice, visit Money Advice Service http://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/ , an independent service set up by the Government to help people manage their money
We take reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this website is up to date and accurate however, the user of this website should not take the accuracy of the information for granted. None of the material contained in this website is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact. We are not giving advice or recommendation by virtue of having provided information on this website. Under no circumstances will Burton Denman Ltd and its employees, connected parties or qualified third party associates accept liability for any decision made or action undertaken as part of reliance to the information contained on this website. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Further conditions will apply.
Burton Denman Ltd will never charge you for the use of our service or take money from your account.
The information contained in this website is subject to UK regulatory regime and is therefore intended for consumers based in the UK. This site is available to UK Residents only aged 18 years and over.